|Posted on October 30, 2015 at 7:15 PM|
* This is a backup post from the main page
The supposed observation at PAGASA last Jan 17 was cancelled due to Typhoon Amang. Said overnight observation starting 6pm to dawn the next day for Comet Lovejoy, DSOs, and the 5 planets Jupiter, Venus, Saturn, Mars, Mercury was rescheduled scheduled on January 31 Saturday at MANILA OBSERVATORY roof deck, Ateneo de Manila, Loyola Heights, QC.
Following are the comments of the PASers and guests who joined the observation:
1. You've seen objects from comet C/2014 Lovejoy Q2 to the Orion constellation, to the ISS and even up to Scorpius! Such a big and wonderful crowd! Thanks to everyone who attended this event! REGINALD QUINTO
2. Thank you very much Philippine Astronomical Society! It was a pleasure to see you all again! It's a valuable experience for enthusiasts like us to have a venue where we get first hand experience and the opportunity to ask our questions. Thank you for being so generous with your knowledge and patient with our questions! Our brains are full and happy! I wish we had the stamina to stay through the night. We hope to have you over at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Big-Handys-Grounds/314120765450349" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Big Handy's Grounds again someday! Clear skies! BIG HANDY'S GROUNDS SERRANO
3. The International Space Station was witnessed later this evening thanks to Sir https://www.facebook.com/edmund.rosales.14" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Edmund Rosales for the information and everyone is enjoying his interactive and lively lecture, too bad i have to go home early. NICO MENDOZA
4. I would like to congratulate PAS for another astronomically inspired day (or night, perhaps). It seems that everyone has been enjoying Sir Edmund's and Sir Regz's lectures ever since, inculcating, reflecting, and appreciating the same night sky that kept enveloping us with wonder since who-the-heck-knows. GOH JAN MARVIN
5. Thank you PAS especially to Mr https://www.facebook.com/reginald.quinto.3" target="_blank" rel="nofollow">Reginald Quinto and Prof Ed Rosales.We really had a great time. MARK AYALA IBIS
6. Wow! After 8000 years? I'm lucky to have seen Comet Lovejoy last night. MARVI REPUYA
Thank you, Hernan Dizon, Events Chair, for making this observation possible through your MO coordination and steadfast help.